Based on its know-how in metallurgy, process control and oxy-fuel combustion, ACI first models the furnace performance and then calculates and guarantees the improved operating process.
• PyreTron™ Burner
ACI's most used Aluminum solution integrates the PyreTron™ air/oxy/fuel burner providing a high flame temperatures, an improved heat flux and a more efficient combustion, allowing to significantly increase melting rates.
The system offers the flexibility to vary the ratios of combustion air and oxygen, in order to minimize oxygen consumption and optimize thermal performance. This provides significant operating cost savings, compared to traditional 100% oxy-fuel burners.
The fully automated PLC-based control system logic can be programmed to continuously optimize flame characteristics and to maximize system performance. The control system is equipped with self-diagnostic software for ease of maintenance. The operator interface provides for user-friendly operation.
Additional benefits of the Aluminum PyreTron™ system include:
* Improved modulating control of burner firing rate, air and O2 flow i.e improved turndown control.
* Incorporation of bath temperature thermocouple into temperature control loop, for automatic feedback control of burner firing rate.
* Tighter bath temperature control allowing for significant energy savings.
* Improved bath temperature control (elimination of high bath temperature excursions) allowing for improved yield (reduce oxidation losses)
* Improved control of air/fuel and oxy/fuel ratios resulting in lower excess air (O2) levels in furnace atmosphere, which contribute to energy savings and to increased yield.
* Increased melting rate which contributes to an increased yield.
The PyreTron™ burner has been successfully used in over 200 installations in the steel, copper, brass, lead, aluminum and incineration industries.
• Real time fumes monitoring and process control
Air Liquide / ACI have developed reliable means to measure using a Tunable Diode Laser device the CO content on the exit fumes and to accordingly regulate the air, oxygen and fuel flows, so as to optimize the furnace energy usage and increase metallic yield.
For more information,
please contact us by
one of the following methods:
ACI, div of Air Liquide Advanced Technologies US LLC
Mail: 300 Chastain Center Boulevard, suite 375
Kennesaw, Georgia 30144, USA
phone: - 1-800-FLAME 22
fax: - 1-678-354-8235
By e-mail :
General informations about Air Liquide